How links are chosen for PlanetReads
PlanetReads includes links to both internal (PlanetReads) and external (non-PlanetReads) websites. We select links that are editorially relevant to the content they are linking from and are suitable for the likely audience.
These links are included for a number of reasons, including:
- for entertainment or enjoyment
- for technology news and information
- for background information
- for useful practical information
- for further relevant information or other key source material
- for further informed comment
- We do not link to external sites in return for cash, services or any other consideration in kind.
We link to sites purely on editorial merit. The PlanetReads homepage does not accept submissions or requests. The homepage team selects links and evaluates websites on the basis of editorial relevance.
Links to external websites
External links are selected and reviewed when the page is published. However, the PlanetReads is not responsible for the content of external websites. This is because:
- the PlanetReads does not produce them or maintain/update them
- the PlanetReads cannot change them
- they can be changed without the PlanetReads’s knowledge or agreement.
- Some of our external links may be to websites which also offer commercial services, such as online purchases.
Links to user generated material
Some of the content we link to on PlanetReads is generated by members of the public (message boards and photo-sharing sites for example). The views expressed are those of the public and unless specifically stated are not those of the PlanetReads. If you consider this content to be in breach of the house rules as indicated on the website, please alert the PlanetReads Team with the information about site where the material appears.